Thursday, June 17, 2010

Roooooooad Trip!

Goodness, it's been awhile!  Sorry about that but life has just been so busy since we picked up my girls from Kansas City.

I flew home the Thursday before last.  Barbarian/Hubby had flown in two days prior to see his girls, load the trailer and get everything ready.  I arrived to find my girls having a pool party at my parents' house.  Seventeen kids total splashing around!  Oh my.  But it was great to see them having fun with their friends one last time before the move.  I received some wonderful wet hugs from my girls and their cousin.  So awesome to hold them again!

We headed out at 4:30 AM that Saturday morning.  It started out a bit dramatic.  The cats were not happy to leave the sanctuary of their home.  This resulted in Barbarian and I getting deep scratches on our arms.  Yikes!  Had to make a quick stop to get antibiotic for our wounds.  It was almost 5:30 AM before we were actually on the road heading to Oregon. 

This is Barbarian acting camera shy.  Yeah right!  Notice the lovely cat scratch on his arm.  But enough about him.  Look at the beautiful scenery behind him!  Gorgeous!

The drive was pretty uneventful.  The girls loved all the new sights!  I think they both took hundreds of photos.  They also sang and danced in their seats!  I'm really glad they got to see a different part of the country.

The cats were pretty good.  They sat under a blanket between the girls the entire first day.  They didn't want to eat, drink or anything else.  The second day one cat got spooked and started bouncing around the backseat, scratching the girls.  We had to quickly pull off the highway, catch him and put him in a kennel for the rest of the ride. 

We finally arrived here in southern Oregon around 8:00 PM Sunday evening.  We were all very tired but happy to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment